OTL Seat FillersMembership Club Rules
Hey.. we don’t like rules either and we’re definitely not fond of lengthy documents but, in order to prevent chaos and keep OTL in check for years to come, we must provide an entire list of Membership Rules so we’re all on the same page….
You are not purchasing a product. You are joining and paying dues for a fun Seat Filler Membership Club - a free ticket club, a local seat filler, but better - because you can sit with the person you came with and just enjoy the show.
IMPORTANT! We’re not a ticket broker in any way, shape, or form. Our offerings depend upon availability and assignment from our entertainment partners. OTL has no advanced knowledge of events that will be offered. However, we make every effort to provide our members with as wide a selection as possible, and we always welcome new referrals and ideas.
We're in it together!
OTL reserves the right to cancel the membership of any member (without refund) who does not follow all of the rules listed, causes any type of disturbance at a show/event, or creates any problem that negatively impacts the OTL free ticket club, its members, or partners.
Any negative or “hostile” emails or public postings will not be tolerated and will also result in the loss of membership privileges without refund. We are a fun membership providing an inexpensive way to stretch your entertainment budget while supporting your local Arts & Entertainment Community. We want to create a positive, pleasant, and enjoyable environment for members and we appreciate the same in return.
OTL Seat Fillers Club Members must understand and abide by the following as conditions of membership:
1. All OTL Seat Filler-Free Ticket Club Memberships Auto-Renew
It is the member's responsibility to cancel at least 72 hours prior to the next payment date. There's a handy form in the member area under Manage My Account. Member Services will cancel and send a confirmation. Returning members are not eligible for new member discounts or member-only pricing. They have the same regular-priced dues options available as new members.
2. There's no guarantee as to the number of shows, events, or activities that will be posted at any given time
OTL is a Seat Fillers Club and not a ticket broker. Members never pay anything more than membership dues, but OTL has no idea what's coming up, as far as the number or type of events. It depends on the needs of OTL's partners.
3. Membership Requirements
Members must be 18 or older, but members under 21 are not allowed to reserve and attend shows that are specifically designated as 21 or older. Members must also have internet and email access as all reservations are made through the OTL 24/7 web site.
4. All Membership Dues are Non-Refundable
Members can request membership cancellation at any time (with at least 48 hours notice), and then no further dues payments will be debited upon cancellation.
5. Members & New Members are responsible for ensuring they apply any discounts, gifts, or prepaid memberships properly
OTL's system provides a message bar confirming that discount, gift or prepaid codes are applied properly. If a discount isn't displaying, contact Member Services before proceeding.
6. Monthly Membership Cancellation is the Member's responsibility and must be planned at least 48 hours prior to the next dues payment
Members can request cancellation at any time using the contact form in the member dashboard. Please give member services at least 48 hour's notice. You'll receive an email confirmation. So, if you don't receive a response in a timely manner, be sure to follow up, as cancellations are handled manually.
7. Member No Show Policy
Members must attend everything they reserve tickets to OR cancel their reservation by contacting customer service by the cancellation deadline noted on all email confirmations. No-shows can result in loss of membership privileges without any refund. The clubs are active because entertainment partners provide the free tickets in exchange for the seats being filled.
8. Privacy to Shows
Members of OTL should never publicly post names of entertainment partners nor discuss they are receiving “comps” while at the venues. This is to ensure that the venue partners’ regular ticket sales are not impacted.
9. Member Reservation Confirmations
It is each member’s responsibility to make sure they have properly completed their reservation process by checking in their account area to ensure that all of their reservations are listed in there. Members should also receive an email confirmation after each reservation is completed.
10. Changes to Reservations and Event Questions
All event inquiries should be directed to OTL Member Services. Members are never to contact a venue directly.
11. Attending the Show
Members must pick up the tickets/check in with the venue during the specified hours posted on the event confirmation. Members must never sell or give away any tickets that have been received on behalf of their OTL membership. Any member who has violated this policy will immediately lose their membership without a refund.
12. Membership Auto-Renewal
All OTL Seat Filler-Free Ticket Club memberships auto-renew. There are no refunds for dues that have already been paid. However, members can cancel at any time and they will not be charged again.
13. OTL does not guarantee the number of shows or tickets
However, the club makes every effort possible to ensure that members have a great selection during their membership. OTL is a Seat Filler membership and shows are posted according to need by OTL's entertainment partners. This is a repeat of rule #2 but we need to make sure that potential new members understand the difference between a seat fillers club, where tickets are free, and a ticket broker, which sells tickets.
14. Notification of shows
Members are encouraged to check in frequently for event updates. OTL will occasionally send out emails with some entertainment highlights but does not send out event alerts for every opportunity.
15. Ticket Reservations are on a first-come, first-serve basis
But additional ticket allotments are commonplace.
16. Appropriate attire and audience behavior is required when attending shows
If a venue alerts OTL that a member has been disruptive or inappropriate or has sold their tickets, that member will lose his/her membership privileges immediately without refund.
17. Members may see each show/event only once
This is to make sure that all members can be accommodated. However, if multiple performances are offered and tickets are available, contact Member Services regarding second-time ticket availability.
18. Active and expired members cannot take advantage of "new member" offers
This rule includes repeat cancellations of memberships to use new member discounts.
19. OTL does not guarantee the quality of the seat
Each venue will determine which seats they will offer to our members. However, the OTL member's party will be seated together.
20. Members will not hold OTL or the venue responsible for any show or event cancellations
If OTL learns that a show or event has been canceled prior to the event starting time, an email will be sent out to everyone on the reservation list. So, please be sure to check your email frequently on the day of the show.
21. OTL will not be held financially responsible for any of its members’ actions
22. The OTL club is not responsible for any lost emails, blocked email accounts, or accounts that view our emails as spam or junk mail
23. OTL is a secure site and does NOT keep or store credit card information
Credit card information is stored safely with Stripe and protected and is independently certified as a PCI Service Provider Level 1, the most stringent level of certification available.
24. Members can easily change the card they’re using for their monthly payment or cancel their membership at any time
Click “Manage My Account” inside the Member Dashboard for any payment updates or membership cancellations. If you have any issues, please contact Member Services and we're happy to help.
25. OTL membership discounts cannot be combined
26. OTL Member Service emails are typically answered within 48 hours (with the exception of holidays)
All assistance is handled via email only. Handy contact links are available on the home page, as well as in the Member Dashboard.
27. Members may NOT reserve tickets exceeding their paid membership level (i.e. 2 tickets per show for Premiere and Special Members and 4 tickets per show for Grand Members)
If a member reserves more than their paid level of membership, their membership is subject to cancellation without a refund.
28. OTL retains the right to update and add to membership rules
The link to all current membership rules is always located in the Member Dashboard, on the home page, and on every registration page as members must agree to review and abide by OTL's rules of membership.