OTL Seat Fillers ClubFrequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions about the OTL Seat Fillers Club
OTL Seat Fillers
The MOST Fun Club Around
OTL Seat Fillers get to attend shows and experience fun things to do without paying for tickets or admission. Everything is included in the low, low, low, low membership dues.
What is the OTL Seat Fillers Club?
The OTL Seat Fillers Club takes the award shows' seat filling concept to local communities. Seat Fillers pay low membership dues for the opportunity to reserve free tickets or other offerings. Plus, for event promoters and local marketers, OTL Seat Filling provides a FREE, PRIVATE, and EASY way to fill seats or attract new patrons, customers, and users for shows, events, activities, and services. The combination thereby provides free local marketing for partners, and free tickets and opportunities for members. It's a win-win!
In a nutshell, how does the OTL Seat Fillers Club work?
Members of the OTL Seat Fillers Club pay low monthly dues and then get to take advantage of opportunities as they pop up along the way. It's important for potential new members to note that there won't always be tickets or other offerings. OTL isn't a ticket broker. Members pay dues for the opportunity to reserve FREE PAIRS of tickets when they become available.
- New members pick a membership (2 or 4 seats), register, and set up a login
- Seat Filler members log in to the private member area to see what's available (OTL also sends out email notifications)
- To reserve tickets or spots, members click on the event and follow the prompts to get their names on the list
- Confirmation is emailed after each reservation
- Tickets are picked up at the venue right before the show starts - OTL doesn't handle tickets (pick-up information is posted in the member area and included on the email confirmation)
What are a few of the most important things I should know if I'm considering joining the OTL Seat Fillers Club?
The OTL Seat Fillers Club is a unique and fun membership club that doesn't go over the top with rules, but there are a few.
- OTL members can reserve any of the shows in their area (based on availability) but must attend anything for which they reserve tickets. Seat Fillers receive free tickets in exchange for guaranteeing that those seats will be filled.
- Memberships can be canceled at any time, but dues that have already been paid are non-refundable.
- All members and the OTL team must abide by a "privacy to shows" policy. Seat Fillers can't talk about receiving complimentary tickets from a specific venue or business.
- Above all else, before joining the OTL Seat Fillers Club, soon-to-be-members must understand that it's a "seat fillers" club and not a ticket broker. There are no guarantees regarding the number of events or how often things will be posted. The benefits of OTL participation include the surprise factor and members NEVER have to pay for individual tickets.
You can also review the complete list of OTL Seat Fillers Club membership rules.
Where are OTL Seat Fillers Clubs located?
OTL has merged all of is individual locations in the US and in London into one membership club that's hosted on OTLCityGuides.com. The club currently has 10 "Preferred" US Locations (Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, San Francisco, Seattle, and Tampa Bay. Preferred locations have quite a few established entertainment partners and more opportunities for members. However, OTL is now open to anyone in the US, as other cities are part of the "Seat Fillers On Call" program. Additionally, OTL has also been active in London (UK) for more than five years now.
What are my OTL Seat Fillers Club membership options?
There are three primary types of OTL Seat Fillers Club memberships:
- Preferred - most active US cities
- On-Call - all other US locations
- London - UK
On-Call and London members can select from two or four-seat options.
Preferred members also have the same two or four-seat options through a three-month starter membership that converts to month-to-month. There's also a two-seat month-to-month, as well as a discounted two-seat membership for seniors, military, police, fire, rescue, veterans, teachers, and students.
How much are OTL Seat Fillers Club membership dues?
OTL Seat Fillers Membership Club dues depend on the type of membership (preferred, on-call, or London), as well as the two or four-seat option selected. The standard month-to-month premiere (two-seat) is $13.99 monthly. On-call members pay $3.65 or $5.55. London membership dues are £3.65 or £5.55 per month.
All memberships are "cancel anytime." There's no commitment beyond the dues you've already paid.
How do OTL Seat Fillers receive their tickets?
OTL doesn't distribute any tickets - that stays in the hands of our entertainment partners.
Just as no money is exchanged between the OTL Seat Fillers Club and its partners, no tickets are exchanged either. OTL's seat filling partners distribute their own, so it's a streamlined process.
- Partners offer OTL Seat Fillers a designated number of tickets or opportunities
- OTL then promotes the show, event, or offering to members in the private members-only area.
- Seat Fillers make online reservations, and the final list is sent to the venue.
- The Seat Filler members on the list then stop by the will-call window (or other designated location) just before showtime (or start time) to check-in or pick up tickets.
Who manages OTL City Guides & Seat Fillers?
OTL City Guides & Seat Fillers is a family and friend-run club. The team sounds like it should be more of a sitcom, with an age range of 19 to 77! You've got Mark, the Grandpa, working with OTL's partners. Lu, the Aunt, builds the sites and oversees the city guides. Kalem, the nephew, is fresh out of school and honing his skills by posting events and taking care of member-only emails. The team also includes Chris, Jeff, and Denise, longtime family friends, as well as Mary Lou and Joe (Grandma and Uncle). It's not a business type of atmosphere. Instead, OTL is a club, and the team loves and believes in the concept - through good times and bad (like COVID 19 shutdowns).
How do potential partners extend an invitation to OTL Seat Fillers?
We need to reiterate that partnering with OTL is PRIVATE, FREE, and EASY. Promoters can use a submission form on the OTL promoter site or email OTL directly with the number of comps that should be offered to members. Then, opportunities are posted in the private members-only area where OTL members make online reservations. From there, a list is compiled and emailed to the venue or business. If it's a ticketed event, the OTL club NEVER handles tickets. Instead, all tickets are distributed by theatres and venues just before showtime based on the reservation list.
What types of "Seat Filling" opportunities (traditional or not) can be offered to OTL?
While OTL typically offers the big three: Theatre, Comedy, and Music, members have attended so much more over the years. Some of the ticketed events have included sports, movies, media events, conferences and expos, festivals, dinner shows, classes, book signings, festivals, lectures, book signings, wine tastings, and escape rooms. But, submissions aren't limited to traditional shows or ticketed events anymore, though. OTL can now offer experiences, services, and activities. Therefore, if there's value and it's something to do, then it's ideal for OTL Seat Fillers. Newer ideas include virtual events and classes, gym memberships, massages, spa services, classes, etc.
New and Fun Things to Do
Benefits of the OTL Seat Fillers Club
Never Pay for Tickets or Admission
One of the most significant benefits of being an OTL Seat Filler is that you never pay for anything that you attend - AND, neither does your guest! Low monthly membership dues cover everything.
The OTL Seat Fillers club is supposed to be fun. So, who needs commitment, right? Members can cancel at any time, but dues that have already been paid is non-refundable. Free tickets - and you're free to stay as long or as short of a time as you'd like!
Treat your guest(s) too!
OTL Seat Filler club memberships come in two-seat and four-seat versions. So, no matter what, you never have to go it alone, unless you want to, as your guest(s) are on the comp list as well.
"Thanks for having such a great service! I have experienced so many cool events and none of which I would have thought to go to without my membership. You have successfully removed me from my seat at home and placed me in a considerably more entertaining seat! And for that I thank you!"
Questions about joining the OTL Seat Fillers Club?
Get In Touch
Do you have a show, activity, or service to offer to OTL Seat Fillers?
Please visit the official OTL site for promoters and marketers.