Austin Guide on OTLCityGuides.com
Welcome to the AUSTIN City Guide on OTL City Guides!
If OTL sounds familiar, it’s because it’s the same family-run brand behind the unique OTL Seat Fillers club. And, yes, seat fillers ARE in Austin!
Things to Do, Things to Eat, and Things to Learn are included in the Austin Guide. Here you’ll find the official Austin event calendar powered by Evvnt. You always have access to the latest shows and activities since it’s updated hourly. Local directories, restaurant recommendations, and all kinds of fun and useful info are included.
No reviews, no comments, no negativity. We are happy to post Austin blogs, season schedules, and other Austin-related information. However, we will leave discussions to social media. Welcome!
City Guides & Seat Fillers
Things to Do, Eat, and Learn – AND, a unique seat fillers service for live entertainment!
Contribute to the AUSTIN Guide
Have you opened a business in Austin? Are you part of a sports team or a theatre with a schedule to share? Would you like to write about your restaurant? How can people donate to your non-profit? Are you an Austin artisan with an original product to sell?
We enjoy sharing quality information with Austin readers. So we’d love to post your content if it has an evergreen or semi-evergreen nature and isn’t just a one-day offering. Use our local submission form, and we’ll inform you when it goes live.
AUSTIN Movies, Theaters, and Museums
Seat Fillers in AUSTIN
Would YOU enjoy being an Austin area seat filler?
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do I like free tickets?
- Am I a fan of live entertainment, like plays, musicals, comedy, music, etc.?
- Would I have fun seeing what pops up out of the blue (but aware that shows won’t always be available)?
- Do I think it would be fun to treat my family and friends to free tickets?
- Does my entertainment budget allow for $10 to $15 a month for all-inclusive seat filling privileges?
If you answered yes to all of the above, ask yourself one more question:
What am I waiting for?
Seat Filling in AUSTIN
Do you have a show, event, service, or activity and would like to expand your audience or introduce it to some new patrons or customers?
If so, then local seat filling is effective marketing for the 21st century!
Here’s how it works:
- You let OTL know how many tickets or admissions you’d like to private offer to seat fillers
- OTL members make reservations in their member area
- The reservation/will-call list is sent to you
- You distribute the tickets or handle admission on the day of the event (or activity)
The only thing you need to provide is complimentary tickets/admission. But OTL never publicizes that you’re doing it!
The Latest News From AUSTIN’S KXAN NEWS
Sports Headlines From ESPN
- Former Jags QB Bortles says he 'quietly' retiredBlake Bortles, who led the Jaguars to the AFC Championship Game in the 2017 season, said Wednesday on a podcast that he had "quietly" retired.
- Agent: Wembanyama will not shut season down7-foot-4 French prospect Victor Wembanyama's agent insists that there's no plan to listen to some NBA team executives suggesting to shut down the projected No. 1 pick until the June 2023 NBA draft.
- Nevin loses interim tag, to manage Angels in '23Phil Nevin, who led the Angels to a 46-59 record after being named interim manager when Joe Maddon was fired in June, will be the team's full-time manager for the 2023 season
- Clemson's Davis II, Greene sued over '21 collisionA South Carolina woman filed a lawsuit against Clemson players Fred Davis II and Malcolm Greene, claiming they were racing during a 2021 car accident.
- 'Beautiful day': RB Robinson returns to practiceCommanders RB Brian Robinson has officially been designated to return to practice, opening the 21-day window during which the team can activate him or leave him on the non-football injury list.
If you’re reading this, there’s a good chance you’re one of the lucky Austinites who gets to call this city home. And if you’re new to town, get ready to explore!
There’s so much to love about Austin – from its vibrant culture and nightlife to its natural beauty and endless outdoor activities. No matter what kind of person you are, there’s something for everyone in Austin. So get out there and explore all that this amazing city offers, from the bars on 6th Street to the unique shops on Congress Street, the Long Center, Bullock State Museum, The Domain, and more.
Movies in Austin
Austin is home to most of the “big guys” in the movie theater industry. There are Cinemark, Regal, and AMC as well as Flix Brewhouse and Alamo Drafthouse. There are also several other one-off cinemas throughout the city and suburbs.
It’s rare to find drive-ins in the US, but there are three in the Austin area. The Blue Starlite Mini Urban Drive-In has two locations, and The Ultimate Drive-In is located on Pleasant Valley Road.
Museums abound in Austin, Texas. Among the many attractions in the city are the Blanton Museum of Art, the LBJ Presidential Library, the Thinkery, and the Bullock Texas State History Museum. You can find a museum in Austin that suits your interest, whether it’s art, history, or science.
Live Theater in Austin
You might think of Austin as the Music Capital, but our seat fillers (aka members of the OTL Seat Fillers Club) have found that plays and musicals reign supreme. From Broadway Tours to the most amazing little hidden gem theaters, there’s anything and everything for theater-goers.
Don’t Miss Out on Things to Do!
Add Your Email to OTL’s Private Email List
Frequently Asked Questions About the AUstin Guide
Our Austin Guide focuses on What to Do, Eat, and Learn in Austin. Powered by Evvnt, the events calendar is auto-updated every hour. Additional resources include lists of movie theaters, museums, theaters and theater groups, restaurant recommendations, and more. Austin information is provided by OTL Seat Fillers and locals in the know.
OTL City Guides and Seat Fillers are sister sites. OTL Austin Seat Fillers is a membership club open to anyone who wants to join, whereas the OTL Austin City Guide is a resource that is always available to everyone. Public events are listed on the Austin City Guides events calendar, but free tickets offered to Austin seat fillers are posted privately.
It’s easy! OTL loves to share information. So, all you have to do is use the submissions form – https://otlcityguides.com/local-submissions. In addition to seasonal schedules and blog posts, the OTL Austin City Guide will feature discounts, business launches, and other news and resources for Austin. However, the content needs to remain relevant for at least a long time. A one-day event or posting with a time-sensitive nature can’t be published on OTL.