CHICAGO Guide on OTLCityGuides.com
Welcome to the CHICAGO City Guide on OTL City Guides!
OTL is the same family-owned brand behind the OTL Seat Fillers club. And, yes, there is a seat fillers club in the Chicago area!
The Chicago Guide includes Things to Eat, Things to Do, and Things to Learn.
Our Chicago event calendar is powered by Evvnt. Since it’s updated every hour, you’ll always be able to see the latest shows and activities. Directory listings, restaurant recommendations, and plenty more are also available.
However, reviews, comments, and negativity are off the table. We are happy to post Chicago area blogs, season schedules, and other Chicago-related information. But, we’ll leave the discussion to social media and other sites. Enjoy!
Food in CHICAGO
City Guides & Seat Fillers
Things to Do, Eat, and Learn – AND, a unique seat fillers service for live entertainment!
Contribute to the CHICAGO Guide
Are you opening a business in Chicago? Does your team or theatre have a schedule that you can share? What are some ways people can support your non-profit? Does your restaurant deserve mention? Do you offer a product or service that is original to Chicago?
We enjoy providing quality information to Chicago readers. So, we’d love to post your content if it has an evergreen or semi-evergreen nature and isn’t only a one-day offering. Send us your local submission using the button below, and we’ll let you know when it’s live.
chicago Movies, Theaters, and Museums
Seat Fillers in CHICAGO
Would YOU enjoy being a Chicago area seat filler?
Consider these questions:
- Is it nice to get free tickets?
- Does live entertainment appeal to me, such as plays, musicals, comedy, and music?
- Will it be fun to see what shows pop up out of the blue (but aware that they aren’t always available)?
- Would it be fun to treat my family and friends to free tickets?
- Do I have a budget that allows me to pay $10 to $15 per month for all-inclusive seating privileges?
Ask yourself one more question if you answered yes to all of the above:
What am I waiting for?
Seat Filling in CHICAGO
Would you like to expand the audience of your Chicago area show, event, service, or activity?
If so, then local seat filling through OTLSeatFillers.com is effective marketing for the 21st century!
It works like this:
- Tell OTL how many tickets or admissions you’d like to offer to seat fillers
- Members can reserve tickets in their member area
- You will receive a reservation/will-call list from OTL
- On the day of the event (or activity), you distribute the tickets or manage admissions.
Providing complimentary tickets or admission is all you need to do. However, OTL never announces your efforts (so your regular ticket sales aren’t impacted!).
The Latest News From ABC7 chicago
- Oak Park teacher at Fenwick High school let go after misconduct allegationsA former high school teacher accused of misconduct in Oak Park is responding to being let go by the school.
- Highland Park Police Chief Louis Jogmen recalls parade shooting: 'My department is devastated'Highland Park Police Chief Louis Jogmen sat down with ABC7's Cate Cauguiran to break down the July 4 parade shooting and the repercussions this community must now live with.
- Highland Park shooting victims remembered for kindness, warmth; 7th victim ID'dOfficials identified all 7 of the people killed in the Highland Park parade shooting on the 4th of July.
- Disturbing details revealed after accused Highland Park shooter confesses, prosecutor sayThe suspect also drove to Madison, Wisconsin and contemplated a shooting there before his capture in Illinois, police said.
- Chicago shooting: 4 shot on Near West Side near United CenterFour people were shot on Chicago's Near West Side not far from the United Center Wednesday night, CPD said.
Sports Headlines From ESPN
- Everything you need to knowAhead of the start of Euro 2022, we detail every team, player, game and storyline.
- Women's Euro 2022 Best XI: The players we picked to dominate the tournamentESPN's experts risk ridicule by picking the Euro 2022 Best XI before the tournament begins. How many players will live up to lofty expectations?
- What to watch for and games you can't missWith the release of the 2022-23 schedule, here are the matchups we can't wait to see and some quirks next season will bring.
- Griner's wife 'hopeful' after phone call with BidenBrittney Griner's wife, Cherelle, said Wednesday that she was grateful for a call with President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris and for "the commitment they expressed to getting BG home."
- Iowa women's hoops recruit, family hit by carAva Jones, a rising high school senior from Kansas who verbally committed to Iowa's women's basketball team Sunday, was seriously injured along with her parents when they were struck by a car in Louisville on Tuesday night.
As the old saying goes, “There’s no place like home.” Chicago is an amazing city with a ton to offer residents and tourists alike.
Whether you’re a long-time resident or just visiting for a weekend, there’s always something new to discover in this metropolis. From world-renowned museums and attractions to some of the best dining and nightlife in the country, Chicago has something for everyone. So why not explore everything this great city has to offer?
Movies in Chicago
When you want to see the latest blockbuster film in Chicago, there are many options, including the big three – AMC, Regal, and Cinemark. They have multiple locations throughout Chicago and its suburbs.
There are reclining seats, food options, and discount specials offered by all three major movie theater chains in Chicago. These reclining seats are becoming increasingly popular. After all, they allow you to relax and watch movies comfortably (maybe even under a blanket?).
If you’re looking for someplace new to explore or just want to add a few more museums to your list of favorites, the Windy City is one of the best.
From world-renowned museums like the Field Museum and the Art Institute of Chicago to many smaller gems, there is something for everyone in Chicago. So, let’s go exploring! Our list of 70 area museums will keep you busy for months on end.
Live Theater in Chicago
Our list is long – a very long list! The Chicago IL Theatres list contains more than 300 venues and theater companies!
Broadway shows aren’t only available in New York City. Many great Chicago IL theatres also offer Broadway shows. But, Broadway isn’t the only way, as community theatres and resident troupes abound. No matter what you’re looking for, there’s sure to be something that interests you, whether family-friendly or edgier.
Don’t Miss Out on Things to Do!
Add Your Email to OTL’s Private Email List
Frequently Asked Questions About the Chicago Guide
Our Chicago Guide focuses on What to Do, Eat, and Learn in the Windy City (and beyond). Powered by Evvnt, the events calendar is auto-updated every hour. Additional resources include lists of movie theaters, museums, theaters and theater groups, restaurant recommendations, and more. Chicago area information is provided by the OTL team and locals who really know their stuff.
The OTL City Guides and Seat Fillers websites are sister sites. OTL Chicago Seat Fillers is a membership club open to members only, while the Chicago City Guide is a free resource available to anyone. Public events are listed on the Chicago City Guides events calendar, but free tickets offered to Chicago area seat fillers are posted privately.
It’s easy! OTL loves to share information. So, all you have to do is use the submissions form – https://otlcityguides.com/local-submissions. In addition to seasonal schedules and blog posts, the Chicago City Guide will feature discounts, business launches, and other news and resources throughout the area. However, the content needs to remain relevant for a while. We can’t publish one-day events or postings with a time-sensitive nature (at least not yet).