London Guide on OTLCityGuides.com
Welcome to the London City Guide on OTL City Guides!
OTL is the same family-owned brand behind the OTL Seat Fillers club. And, yes, there is a community seat fillers club in London!
The London Guide includes Things to Eat, Things to Do, and Things to Learn.
Our London event calendar is powered by Evvnt. Since it’s updated every hour, you’ll always be able to see the latest shows and activities. Directory listings, like museums and cinemas, dining recommendations, and plenty more are also available.
However, reviews, comments, and negativity are off the table. We are happy to post London-focused blogs, theatre and sport schedules, and other London-related information. But, we’re keeping it upbeat, leaving the discussion and opinions to social media and other sites. Enjoy!
City Guides & Seat Fillers
Things to Do, Eat, and Learn – AND, a unique seat fillers service for live entertainment!
Contribute to the London Guide
Are you opening a business in London? Does your team or theatre have a schedule that you can share? What are some ways people can support your charitable organisation? Does your restaurant deserve mention? Do you offer a product or service that is original to London, like handmade jewellery or candles?
We enjoy providing quality information to OTL City Guides readers. So, we’d love to post your content if it has an evergreen or semi-evergreen nature and isn’t only a one-day offering. Send us your local submission using the button below, and we’ll let you know when it’s live.
London Movies, TheatREs, and Museums
Seat Fillers in London
Would YOU enjoy being a London area seat filler?
Consider these questions:
- Is it nice to get free tickets?
- Does live entertainment appeal to me, such as plays, musicals, comedy, and music – community-based and not “west end”?
- Will it be fun to see what shows pop up out of the blue (but aware that they aren’t always available)?
- Would it be fun to treat my family and friends to free tickets?
- Do I have a budget that allows me to pay just £4 per month for all-inclusive seating privileges for two?
Ask yourself one more question if you answered yes to all of the above:
What am I waiting for?
Seat Filling in London
Would you like to expand the audience or add to your patron list for London area shows, events, services, or activities?
If so, then local seat filling through OTLSeatFillers.com is effective marketing for the 21st century! Free, private, easy, and proven to be effective – what else could you possibly want?
It works like this:
- Tell OTL how many tickets or admissions you’d like to offer to seat fillers
- Members can reserve tickets in their member area
- You will receive a reservation/will-call list from OTL
- On the day of the event (or activity), you distribute the tickets or manage admissions.
Providing complimentary tickets or admission is all you need to do. However, OTL never announces your efforts (so your regular ticket sales aren’t impacted!). It’s a win-win!
The Latest News FroM THIS IS LOCAL LONDON
- Bigger shift to walking and cycling needed to tackle pollution in WansteadThank you to everyone who re-elected Jo Blackman, Daniel Morgan Thomas and myself as councillors for Wanstead Village in the recent election. It is indeed an honour.
- Pub in the Park event comes to Wimbledon Park next weekendA festival is set to transform Wimbledon Park into a haven for food and music lovers next weekend.
- Pedestrian taken to hospital after crash on Priory Lane in WandsworthA pedestrian has been taken to hospital where he remains in life-threatening condition after a crash in Wandsworth.
- Police find what they believe is a body in Biggin HillPolice have found what they believe is a body in the search for a missing man.
- Missing Bromley girl last seen in green tracksuitPolice are appealing for help in finding a missing girl from Bromley.
Sports Headlines From ESPN
- Sources: Campos replacing Leonardo as PSG SDPSG relieved sporting director Leonardo of his duties on Saturday night, and are set to appoint Luis Campos as his successor, sources told ESPN.
- Salah, Son share Prem Golden Boot awardLiverpool's Mohamed Salah and Tottenham Hotspur's Son Heung-min shared the Premier League Golden Boot award with 23 goals each.
- 'Kobe inspired' Milan title win after 11-year waitAC Milan clinched the Serie A title for the first time in 11 years and coach Stefano Pioli said they were inspired by Kobe Bryant.
- Parker oldest WNBA player to log triple-doubleChicago Sky star Candace Parker became the second player in WNBA history with multiple triple-doubles after she recorded 16 points, 13 rebounds and 10 assists in Sunday's win over Washington.
- Dixon blazes to Indy 500 pole with record runScott Dixon used a breathtaking run of more than 234 mph to post the fastest Indianapolis 500 pole run in history on Sunday.
It would be impossible to do justice to London in just a few paragraphs. But here are a few fun facts about the incredible city called home by more than nine million (very lucky) people!
- Standing on the River Thames in the southeast of the island of Great Britain, London has been a major settlement for two millennia. It was founded by the Romans in 47 AD, who named it Londinium.
- London contains four World Heritage Sites: the Tower of London; Kew Gardens; the site comprising the Palace of Westminster, Westminster Abbey, and St Margaret’s Church; and the historic settlement of Greenwich.
- The Metropolitan Line in the London Underground is the oldest underground railway network globally. While the city’s red double-decker buses are among its most recognizable landmarks.
- Over 300 languages are spoken in London, making it the most linguistically diverse city in the world.
- London has been described as a world cultural capital. It is the world’s most-visited city as measured by international arrivals and has the world’s busiest city airport system.
Movies in London
ODEON, Picturehouse, Cineworld, Electric Cinema, and Vue are among the biggest London movie theatres for new releases.
The Odeon Luxe Leicester Square is one of London’s most luxurious movie theatres. It features London’s first commercial Dolby screen. Premieres and red carpet events are often held there. The cinema features reclining seats, drinks and dining in the theatre.
And, they might not be as glamourous as the Odeon Luxe, but outdoor cinemas are a lot of fun! London is home to the Sunset Cinema and The Drive-in Movies. You can even go vehicle-less at The Drive-In by asking for a car-free bay. Just don’t forget your lawn chairs and FM radio.
London has so many wonderful things to offer. Quite a few in fact. It might not even occur to a resident how good their lives are until they travel and compare them.
Are you aware that many of the best London museums are free?
Then again, if you’re an avid museum-goer, you might expect that. But, if you look at any of our US museum pages, you’ll see that many museums in the United States charge $20 or $30 for a few hours. So, when you need something to do in London, it’s not necessary to pull out your billfold.
Live Theatre in London
Some of our favourite small theatres in London include the Donmar Warehouse, the Almeida Theatre, and the Young Vic. These theatres are all located in different parts of the city, so you can easily find one convenient for you to visit.
The Donmar Warehouse is a particularly popular venue known for its innovative productions and intimate atmosphere. The Almeida Theatre is another great option, known for its cutting-edge productions and world-class acting. And finally, the Young Vic is a great choice for those looking for an intimate and unique theatre experience.
Prominent theatres, small venues, and theatre troupes are all listed for you in our London Theatre Guide, along with current and upcoming performances and ticket information.
Don’t Miss Out on Things to Do!
Add Your Email to OTL’s Private Email List
Frequently Asked Questions About the London Guide
Our London Guide focuses on What to Do, Eat, and Learn in London and is specifically written for locals (although tourists will appreciate some of the posts). Powered by Evvnt, the events calendar is auto-updated every hour. Additional resources include lists of movie theatres, museums, theatres and theatre groups, dining recommendations, and more. London area information is provided by the OTL team in conjunction with London residents in the know.
The OTL City Guides and Seat Fillers websites are sister sites. OTL London Seat Fillers is a membership club open to members only, while the London City Guide (OTLCityGuides.com/london) is a free resource available to anyone. Public events are listed on the London Guide events calendar, but free tickets offered to OTL seat fillers are posted privately on OTLSeatFillers.com.
It’s easy! OTL loves to share information. So, all you have to do is use the submissions form – https://otlcityguides.com/local-submissions. In addition to seasonal schedules and blog posts, the London City Guide accepts discounts, business launches, and other news and resources throughout the area. However, the content needs to remain relevant for a while. We can’t publish one-day events or postings with a time-sensitive nature (at least not yet).