Movies in Boston Theaters
Your Guide to Movies in Boston Theaters
There are plenty of movies in Boston theaters to choose from, whether you’re looking for the biggest chains or smaller independent theaters. You can find reclining seats, a wide variety of food options, and even dollar theaters in the Boston area. Whether you’re catching the latest blockbuster or revisiting an old favorite, there’s a movie theater in Boston that’s perfect for you.
The biggest movie theater chains in Boston are AMC, Patriot, and Showcase. AMC has locations all around the city, including the AMC Loews Boston Common 19 and Showcase Super Lux Movie Theater on Boylston Street in Chestnut Hill. These theaters tend to have the newest releases and offer reclining seats, a wide variety of food options, and plenty of amenities.
Independent and Drive-In Movies in Boston
If you’re looking for an independent movie theater experience, check out the Coolidge Corner Theatre or the Brattle Theatre. The Coolidge Corner Theatre shows both new releases and classic films, and also hosts special events like live music and comedy shows. The Brattle Theatre is one of the oldest movie theaters in the country and specializes in independent, foreign, and cult films.
For a truly unique movie theater experience, how about a drive-in cinema? They’re few and far between these days, but you can still catch a flick from your car at the Topsfield Drive-In or Mendon Twin Drive-In
Discount Movies in Boston Theaters
If you’re on a budget, don’t worry. Like most drive-ins, dedicated dollar theaters are a thing of the past. However, The AMC Loews Harvard Square 5, Regal Fenway Stadium 13, and many Boston movie theaters host discount days or provide movie clubs for savings on tickets and concessions. So whatever your movie theater needs, Boston has you covered.
Boston Area Movie Theaters
|Movie Theaters in the Boston Area||Address||City||Website|
|Amc Assembly Row 12||395 Artisan Way||Somerville||https://www.amctheatres.com/movie-theatres/boston/amc-assembly-row-12|
|Amc Boston Common 19||175 Tremont St||Boston||https://www.amctheatres.com/movie-theatres/boston/amc-boston-common-19|
|Amc Braintree 10||121 Grandview Rd||Braintree||https://www.amctheatres.com/movie-theatres/boston/amc-braintree-10|
|Amc Burlington Cinema 10||20 South Ave||Burlington||https://www.amctheatres.com/movie-theatres/boston/amc-burlington-cinema-10|
|Amc South Bay Center 12||25 District Avenue||Dorchester||https://www.amctheatres.com/movie-theatres/boston/amc-south-bay-center-12|
|Amc Theatres||100 Independence Way||Danvers||https://www.amctheatres.com/movie-theatres/boston/amc-liberty-tree-mall-20|
|Amc Theatres - Loews Boston Common 19||175 Tremont St||Boston||https://www.amctheatres.com|
|Apple Cinemas||168 Alewife Brook Pkwy||Cambridge||https://www.applecinemas.com/movies/ns.aspx|
|Artsemerson::Film||559 Washington St||Boston||https://artsemerson.org|
|Boston Film Festival||6 Bowdoin Sq||Boston||https://bostonfilmfestival.org|
|Brattle Theatre||40 Brattle St Ste 2||Cambridge||https://www.brattlefilm.org|
|Cinema Salem||2 E India Square Mall||Salem||http://www.cinemasalem.com|
|Embassy Cinema||16 Pine St||Waltham||https://www.landmarktheatres.com/boston/embassy-cinema|
|Emerson Colonial Theatre||106 Boylston Street||Boston||https://www.emersoncolonialtheatre.com/online/default.asp|
|Entertainment Cinemas||168 Alewife Brook Pkwy||Cambridge||http://www.entertainmentcinemas.com|
|Kendall Square Cinema||1 Kendall Sq Ste B1102||Cambridge||https://www.landmarktheatres.com|
|Mendon Twin Drive-In||35 Milford Street||Mendon||https://www.mendondrivein.com/|
|Patriot Cinemas||1775 Washington St||Hanover||https://www.patriotcinemas.com/directions.aspx|
|Patriot Cinemas - Hingham||25 Shipyard Dr||Hingham||https://www.patriotcinemas.com/theater.aspx|
|Patriot Cinemas - Loring Hall Cinema||65 Main St||Hingham||https://www.patriotcinemas.com/directions.aspx|
|Patriot Cinemas Inc||350 Lincoln St||Hingham||https://www.patriotcinemas.com|
|Regal Fenway & RPX||401 Park Drive #110||Boston||https://www.regmovies.com/theatres/regal-fenway-rpx/1930#/buy-tickets-by-cinema?in-cinema=1930&view-mode=list|
|Showcase Cinema Woburn||25 Middlesex Canal Park||Woburn||https://www.showcasecinemas.com/theater-info/showcase-cinema-de-lux-woburn|
|Showcase Cinemas Superlux||55 Boylston St||Chestnut Hill||https://www.showcasecinemas.com/theater-info/showcase-superlux-chestnut-hill|
|Showcase Super Lux Movie Theater||55 Boylston St||Chestnut Hill||http://www.showcasesuperlux.com|
|Simons Imax Theater||1 Central Wharf||Boston||https://www.neaq.org/exhibits/simons-theatre|
|Simons Imax Theatre At The New England Aquarium||1 Central Wharf||Boston||https://www.neaq.org|
|South Shore Cinemas||14 Columbian St||South Weymouth||https://www.sscinemas.com/about|
|Sunbrella Imax 3D Theatre||50 Walkers Brook Dr||Reading||https://www.jordans.com/imax|
|Coolidge Corner Theatre||290 Harvard St||Brookline||https://coolidge.org|
|The Majestic 7, Arsenal Yards||81 Arsenal Yards Blvd Ste 100||Watertown||https://www.cwtheaters.com/watertown/information.asp|
|The Theater Offensive||29 Elm St Apt 2||Cambridge||http://www.thetheateroffensive.org|
|Topsfield Drive-In||207 Boston Street||Topsfield||https://www.fiestashows.com/venue/topsfield-drive-in/|
|Warwick Cinema||123 Pleasant St||Marblehead||https://warwickcinemas.com|
|West Newton Cinema||1296 Washington St||West Newton||http://www.westnewtoncinema.com|
Did we leave your theater off the list? Send us the info and we’ll be sure to add it.
Upcoming Releases and Movie News
- 'Thor: Love And Thunder' Tickets Are On Sale; Take An Exclusive Look Behind The ScenesThor: Love and Thunder hits theaters next week (get your tickets here!) and we have an exclusive look behind the scenes. “We wanted to make a crazy space adventure, but also something that’s emotional and means something,” explains director Taika Waititi. As you’ll see in the featurette below,…
- ‘Paws Of Fury: The Legend of Hank’ Tickets Are On Sale: Watch Exclusive Training Montage ClipTickets are now on sale for Paws of Fury: The Legend of Hank. The animated family comedy comes to theaters on July 15. Everyone knows that cats hate dogs, but desperate times call for desperate measures. So when a villiage of felines realizes that villains want to wipe…
- What to Watch on Vudu This Week: Start With the Latest 'Fantastic Beasts,' Build From ThereAs the temperatures outside remain hot, we hope you have a cool place to relax and gather with your friends and family. May we suggest a movie or two? Let's begin with a few tasty new offerings before moving on to our main course: movies to consider adding to your…
- Minions: The Rise Of Gru' Is In Theaters This Weekend: Watch The Minions Stampede To Theaters To Get TicketsMinions: The Rise Of Gru tells the tale of the beginning of a partnership for the ages. And if you think your kids are excited about seeing how Gru and the Minions came together, imagine how the Minions must feel! Actually, you don't need to imagine – as you…
- 'Nope' Tickets Are On Sale: Watch An Exclusive Interview With The Director And StarsJordan Peele’s Nope has been shrouded in mystery since the announcement of its July 22 release. We know it’s a sci-fi/horror mashup that considers spectacle and the consequences of having attention. For more insight, we decided to go straight to the source. Fandango’s Jacqueline Coley sat down for…
Don’t Miss Out on Things to Do!
Add Your Email to OTL’s Private Email List
Frequently Asked Questions
AMC Theaters dominates the Boston area. But even though AMC takes up more spots on the list, there are dozens of other cinemas where you can catch new releases, independent films, and classics. Regal, Cinemark, Showcase, and Patriot Cinemas all have popcorn popping and reels turning.
Yes. Don’t give up on drive-ins just yet. In the Boston area, you’ll find the Mendon Twin Drive-In and the Topsfield Drive-In.
The Coolidge Corner Theater is one of the best for all-around entertainment, including new releases, classics, and other events. There’s also the Brattle Theatre, which is one of the oldest theaters in the US. The Brattle is an excellent choice for films you won’t find just anywhere.
Dollar theaters are practically obsolete across the United States. But while Boston might not have a dedicated dollar theater, local cinemas provide plenty of opportunities to stretch your entertainment budget. Check out discount days (typically Tuesdays) and join movie clubs for better pricing on tickets and concessions.