The Best Parks Near Me
Things To Do: Best Parks Near Me
There’s nothing quite like a day spent in the park. Whether you’re picnicking with family, playing Frisbee with friends, or just enjoying a good book in the sunshine, they’re the perfect places to relax and enjoy some time outdoors.
And, lucky for us, these green spaces are practically everywhere!
Local Maps and Directories
Parks Near Me – Why They’re Perfect For Things To Do
There are so many reasons why parks make great places for things to do.
- They’re always free (or at least very cheap) to enter. That makes them perfect for budget-minded families.
- Local parks offer a huge range of activities for all ages – from playgrounds and splash pads for little ones to hiking trails and picnic areas for adults.
- Activities are usually located in beautiful settings – meaning you can enjoy some stunning scenery while you’re getting your fill of fresh air.
What Do Local Parks Offer?
As we’ve just mentioned in our “top 3 list,” parks can offer a lot in terms of things to do. But what else do they have to offer?
Well, most have public restrooms. That might seem laughable, but it’s a definite bonus if you’ve got small children in tow! There are plenty of benches, and picnic tables (perfect for taking a break or enjoying a packed lunch). Many even have special features like ponds, fountains, soccer fields, baseball diamonds, playgrounds, sandboxes, etc.
Plus, believe it or not, you might even have free Wi-Fi access – meaning you can stay connected even while you’re enjoying some time away from screens – hmm?!
Best Parks in the United States
Let’s take a look at some of the best in the United States and London.
In the US, Central Park in New York City is definitely one of the most famous (not to mention beautiful) parks around. But if you’re looking for something a little less crowded, why not try out one of these other top-rated options in every borough?
Shenandoah National Park in Virginia offers stunning mountain views and plenty of opportunities for hiking and biking, while Piedmont Park in Atlanta is perfect for families thanks to its playgrounds and picnic areas. And if you’re looking for a place with a bit more history behind it, Philadelphia’s Fairmount is definitely worth a visit!
Best Parks in London
Meanwhile, over in London, there are plenty of fantastic parks to choose from – but Hyde Park is definitely one of the most popular (not to mention one of the largest). With its boating lake, horse riding trails, and famous Speaker’s Corner attraction, there’s something for everyone here!
More To Do and Seat Filling, Too!
We’re all about fun and affordable (or free) things to do across the US, and in London here at OTL.
The OTL City Guides include directories, event calendars, and restaurant recommendations. But we leave the comments, negativity, and biased reviews to social media and shopping sites. Instead, OTL City Guides provides resources and suggestions for Things to Do, Things to Eat, and Things to Learn. Then, YOU decide.
That doesn’t mean we don’t welcome contributions, though. If you have a directory addition, blog post, or discount to share, just use the handy submission form.
OTL Seat Fillers
Oh, and did you know that OTL has a sister site – OTL Seat Fillers? The club has been in the US and in London for more than eight years, providing members with free pairs of tickets to local theatre, comedy, music, sports, and more.
Seat filling also benefits the arts and entertainment communities. Venue partners end up with a bigger audience, more food and beverage income, and new patrons.
How Does Seat Filling Work?
- When a local venue (aka OTL Seat Fillers entertainment partner) anticipates having some open seats, they privately invite seat fillers to attend, offering a number of free admissions.
- OTL posts the opportunity in the members-only area.
- Interested seat fillers make an online reservation through OTL.
- OTL compiles the reservation list and sends it to the venue partner on the day of the event.
- Seat Fillers present their IDs to pick up their complimentary tickets at the venue right before the show starts (just like other patrons picking up tickets at Will Call).